This story was shared by The Local Moms Network Contributor Kate Bowler of Domestikatedlife.
PUMPKIN TURKEY CHILI
- Olive Oil
- 1 Large Yellow Onion, Diced
- 2 Cloves of Garlic, Minced
- 1 Lb. of Ground Turkey
- 1 Packet of Chili Seasoning
- 2 Tsp. of Paprika
- 2 Tbsp. of Honey
- 2 Tbsp. of Tomato Paste
- 1 Cup of Pumpkin Puree
- 14 Oz. Can of Diced Tomatoes
- 14 Oz. Can of Red Kidney Beans
- 14 Oz. Can of White Beans
- 8 Oz. Can of Baked Beans
- Salt and Pepper
- Hot Sauce, to Taste
- Serve with Cornbread and Toppings such as Diced Red Onions, Scallions, Sour Cream, Cheddar Cheese
- Heat a Drizzle of Olive Oil over Medium Heat in a Large Dutch Oven or Pot.
- Sauté the Diced Onion and Minced Garlic for 2-3 minutes, until softened.
- Add the Ground Turkey to the Pot and continue to cook until browned and just about cooked through.
- Add Chili Seasoning and Paprika to the Ground Turkey, and stir to coat. Then mix in the Honey, Tomato Paste and Pumpkin Puree.
- Fold In the Diced Tomatoes, Red Kidney Beans, White Beans, and Baked Beans. Season to taste with Salt and Pepper, and then reduce the heat to a simmer.
- Allow the Chili to simmer for at least 30 minutes before serving.
- Add Hot Sauce to taste if you prefer a spicier Chili. Serve alongside Cornbread and top with your choice of Red Onions, Scallions, Sour Cream, or Cheddar Cheese.
For more Fall inspiration from Kate, visit Domestikatedlife.