Nothing can beat growing up in Southern California. But along with the beautiful weather and year-round outdoor activities comes the dreaded sunscreen. Every parent knows the battle of wills when it comes to applying sunscreen on children (and even on ourselves). And that’s only half the battle. Finding a sunscreen that not only protects the skin, but doesn’t contain harmful chemicals and goes on well is something else all together. While the sunscreen industry has definitely evolved and made it easier to find healthy mineral and zinc sunscreens, one is often left with a white film covering the body (which does nothing for the self-conscious tween/teen or woman). That’s where LĀ SOL is stepping in and shaking things up, giving you everything you want in one bottle. Here’s what you need to know:
- Chemical sunscreens work like a sponge, absorbing the sun’s rays. Mineral sunscreens act like a shield, sitting on the surface of your skin, they deflect the sun’s rays. LĀ SOL is a non-nano mineral zinc sunscreen.
- Most toxic chemical sunscreens have ingredients that only shield UVB rays-the ones that cause sunburns and precancerous growths, while failing to protect against UVA rays — the main culprits behind aging and skin cancers, including melanoma. LĀ SOL is a broad-spectrum sunscreen that covers both UVA and UVB rays.
- Wearing sunscreen is important year-round, even when it is cold and overcast outside as UVA rays can penetrate clouds, go through your car and home windows, causing significant damage to the skin. In fact, UVA radiation causes more aging and skin cancer then UVB. Also, you may think SPF found in makeup is enough, but usually make up SFP only protects against UVB rays and not the damaging UVA rays. LĀ SOL applies clear, so you can wear it daily under your make up.
What makes LĀ SOL unique?
- Clean – gluten-free, paraben-free, fragrance-free, amazing ratings for EWG Rating (all ingredients rate a 1, with only two rating a 2)
- Clear – leaving no white cast like typical zinc sunscreens
- Broad spectrum – covering you for both the sunburn and skin cancer rays
- Reef-Friendly – passes the Hawaii Care Act
- Rad Packaging – a look that is not too hippie, not too medicine, not too in your face
- Price is Right – priced at $24.99 (3 oz) and $32.99 (5.5 oz) with an option for a subscription service that gives 10% off
LĀ SOL is a local company (based in Newport Beach) and run by two moms who have been best friends since junior high. You can read more about their story here, and purchase products directly from their website at lasolcollective.com. You will also find LĀ SOL product on shelves at stores throughout Orange County.