Spring is in full swing and the Environmental Nature Center is celebrating with its annual Spring Faire and Butterfly House Opening May 6, 2018. From 10am – 3pm, you can stop by and participate in a variety of fun family-friendly activities:
- Nature Crafts – For $5 you can join the craft walk, visiting table after table of crafts set up throughout the nature center. You will also be given a re-usable ENC bag. **This is our favorite part. My kids enjoy the walk and get very excited when we come across another craft table.
- Butterfly House – Walk into the Butterfly House and observe native butterflies and the plants they love. **Pretty cool. We love butterflies and this is Orange County’s only butterfly house!
- Visit Live Animals – The OC Bird of Prey Center, Francisco the Bug Guy, and Interactive Sea Life Outreach are on hand with lots of animals and information.
- Face Painting – So you can blend in with the butterflies. 🙂
- Fire Circle Stage – Music, presentations and a dramatic reading of The Lorax.
- Native Plants for Sale – Purchase native plants to help you landscape. See our previous post on Buying Native HERE.
Admission is FREE, but bring cash for crafts and the yummy food from neighborhood restaurants and caterers. Click HERE for more details.
Environmental Nature Center
1601 E. 16th Street
Newport Beach, CA 92663